“The sun is beginning to rise. As with the morning’s dawn, only the beauty of the sunrise is seen rather than the immense power.” The beginner student sees the beauty of the art of Taekwondo but has not yet experienced the power in the technique.
The following are the required basic fundamentals necessary to test and pass the next belt exam.
High Knife Hand
Low Knife Hand
One Step Sparring
6 - 10
6. Inside Block (right hand) - Horse Stance, Backfist - Back Stance (right hand)
7. Inside Block (right hand) - Horse Stance, Side Chop - Back Stance (right hand)
8. Inside Block (left Hand) - Horse Stance, Triple Punch (right hand first) - Front Stance
9. Inside Block (right hand) - Horse Stance, Elbow Strike (right arm) - Horse Stance
10. Inside Block (right hand) - Horse Stance, Elbow Strike (right arm) - Horse Stance, Spin Elbow Strike (left arm) - cross stance
3 & 4
- Opposite Arm Grab -
3. Low Block evade, Double Punch to chest.
4. Twist and grab, break arm, elbow to face.
Taegeuk E Jang
Taegeuk E Jang or Ee Jang represents lake, which also symbolizes the emotion of Joy. Traditionally, the form further signifies the inner firmness and the outer softness. Techniques should start smooth and finish hard. Attention should be made to dynamic speed during this poomsae.