Advanced Brown Belt
Meaning Mountains and the Earth. This belt symbolizes the firm foundation. The 1st Gup, Advanced Brown belt has a black stripe on it and is the first appearance of black in the belt, denoting the student is practicing to get to black belt.
Students at this rank are also called "Black Belt Candidates".
The following are the required basic fundamentals necessary to test and pass the next belt exam.
Jump Spin Crescent Kick
Pop 360º Hook Kick
Pop 360º Round Kick
Swing 360º Katana Kick
Cheat 360º Shuriken Kick
Swing 180º Jackknife Kick
Cheat 180º Feilong Kick
One Step Sparring
15 & 16
15. Block Opponents Punch, Grab Both Opponents Shoulders, Pull Down and Knee Their Gut.
16. Pivot Crescent to Block (Right), Spin Crescent Kick to Head (Left).
15 & 16
-Double Collar Grab-
15. Grab Opponents collar, roll back, kick them over you.
16. Grab One of Opponents hands, Step back with inner leg, twist and take opponent down or until tapout.
Taegeuk Pal Jang
Taegeuk Pal Jang represents both the ‘Yin’ and the earth, meaning the root and settlement and also the beginning and the end. Creation and Destruction.
Starting From Joonbee Stance
1. Back Stance, Low Knife Hand Followed By High Knife Hand.
2. Step Into Forward Stance, Reinforced
3. Step Forward, Double Outside Block Followed By Double Low Block,
4. Step Forward, Fork Punch
5. Step Into Back Stance, Swallow Style Hammer Fist,
6. Shift Into Forward Stance, Swallow Style Inside Chop,
7. Front Kick, Stomping Back Fist.